Due to the multiple specialities of LEDs, we are full o […]
Due to the multiple specialities of LEDs, we are full of expectations for its bright future, and we should not shy away from some of its current shortcomings.
1. The luminosity distribution of most street lamps produced in China is unreasonable.
The SSL luminaires published by the US Department of Energy (DOE) meet the ENERGY STAR qualification criteria. We evaluated the 200 LED road illuminance data from 2007 to 2009 and found that only 3 LED street lights can meet the DOE regulations. The road light distribution and energy efficiency related requirements, the pass rate is only 1.5%. The measured quality of the LED street light is far from the benchmark requirement of the DOE and needs to be greatly improved.
2. Insulation withstand voltage is common in LED street lights with anti-surge interference.
The EMS design of LED street lights only considers the function of anti-surge interference, neglects the requirements of electrical strength in the safety standards of lamps, and should emphasize the adequacy of LED street lamp design input, and consider other functions on the basis of meeting safety requirements.
3. There are some very poor quality products on the market, which are not bright, short life and poor color.
4. The claimed performance of the product is not accurate.
5. The information on the product label is insufficient.
6. There are many problems with color quality, such as color rendering.
7. Lighting designers still don't trust SSL products. They said they needed more standards.